The Vice President Position is open for volunteers and/or nominations !!
Job Description below:
The Vice-President will assist the President in all functions, and will fulfill/assume Presidential responsibilities in the event of the President’s absence or inability to complete the term of office.
The Vice-President will maintain the Chapter mailing list.
The Vice-President has one vote in all Chapter elections and Chapter business.
At the end of the President’s term the Vice President will assume the President position.
The Vice President is responsible for providing programs and presentations that meet the standards published under Article II **
The Vice President will select committee members to assist in recruiting qualified speakers and publicizing programs
Please click the link to nominate someone, volunteer, etc...
***Please remember this role REQUIRES membership to the National APA.***
Are Your Social Security Benefits Taxable?
Some people must pay taxes on part of their Social Security benefits. Others find that their benefits aren’t taxable. If you get Social Security, the IRS can help you determine if some of your benefits are taxable.
Here are seven tips about how Social Security affects your taxes:
1. If you received these benefits in 2013, you should have received a Form SSA-1099, Social Security Benefit Statement, showing the amount.
2. If Social Security was your only source of income in 2013, your benefits may not be taxable. You also may not need to file a federal income tax return.
3. If you get income from other sources, then you may have to pay taxes on some of your benefits.
4. Your income and filing status affect whether you must pay taxes on your Social Security.
5. The best, and free, way to find out if your benefits are taxable is to use IRS Free File to prepare and e-file your tax return. If you made $58,000 or less, you can use Free File tax software. The software will figure the taxable benefits for you. If your income was more than $58,000 and you feel comfortable doing your own taxes, use Free File Fillable Forms. Free File is available only at IRS.gov/freefile.
6. If you file a paper return, visit IRS.gov and use the Interactive Tax Assistant tool to see if any of your benefits are taxable.
7. A quick way to find out if any of your benefits may be taxable is to add one-half of your Social Security benefits to all your other income, including any tax-exempt interest. Next, compare this total to the base amounts below. If your total is more than the base amount for your filing status, then some of your benefits may be taxable. The three base amounts are:
Monthly MEETING REGISTRATION
"CONTACT US" LINK
Available JOBS ??
Community Service ??
Welcome to the East Tennessee Chapter of the American Payroll Association website. Our Chapter serves Knoxville, TN and surrounding counties, providing Payroll Professional networking and training opportunities for our members and chapter friends.
Monthly Chapter Meetings
We provide several training events each year. Our regular Monthly Chapter Meeting is held every 3rd Wednesday of the month. We also host a Local Payroll Seminar at least once a year, and we encourage support of the TN Statewide Payroll Conference. Each of these events offers the opportunity for networking, training, and re-certification credits for CPP's & FPC's. Our Director of Education and the officer's board actively seek highly qualified instructors and topics for all our training events.
CPP & FPC certification is a valuable assest to those in the payroll profession. More and more employers seek employees with these certifications.
Communication & Assistance
Our website is a source of payroll related information. We provide over 120 payroll related website links and we offer, free of charge, a page for Job Openings in the local area for our members. Communication is vital to any organization and we maintain several communication tools for our members and our friends. If you are in the payroll profession and seeking a place to network and train - please take a moment and join our chapter. We also encourage you to join the American Payroll Association --it's a great source of valuable information for all payroll professionals.